Ocean access from two bedroom, two bath home with rooftop deck and spa, fun!
Fabulous OCEANFRONT HOME with snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and swimming directly in front of the house! Our August 2014 big storm, Iselle, brought more sand into the bay and the snorkeling has become even better. We are now seeing Eagle Rays with regularity. We've always seen lots of Green Sea Turtles; it's the rays that are a current treat. The warm ponds in the Kapoho area are a special treat too -- unique in all of Hawaii. This is a nice, comfortable, home built with quality materials, and stocked with just about anything you would want. You'll love it. This is a wonderful home for a couple or two couples traveling together.
OUTDOORS: Starting at the top--
* Roof Top Deck, with Hot Tub: Talk about a view! There is a 270 degree ocean view--no kidding. Here you will find two chaise lounge chairs and two rocking swivel chairs and a small table. The moon and sun both rise out of the ocean and this is a fantastic place to see that. With a clear night, the stars, and the Milky Way, are awe-inspiring. There's not too many places in the world where you can see stars so close to the horizon.
* Lanai off the Great Room: This is your outdoor dining room. There is a large table and dining chairs. Great indoor/outdoor living
* Downstairs Lanai: When the weather is really hot, there is a ground level lanai that is just perfect. We have a bench, table and two chairs here, There's a picnic table.
* Great Room: This large room is used for many purposes. Comfortable Living Room, cozy Dining Room, extra Bedroom (double bed), TV, large Kitchen and a Bar. The vintage furniture is just right for Hawaii.
* Kitchen: The kitchen has top of the line hardware including appliances, faucets, knives, pots & pans. There is also a coffee maker, blender, toaster, mixing bowls, kitchen towels, flatware, serving pieces, and cutting boards. And the bar area, with sink, works well as a serving buffet or a hang-out for the non-chef(s) to keep the chef(s) company. The whole area is very functional, and part of the great room, so nobody misses any of the fun happenings.
* Master Bedroom: Large room with a super comfortable King sized bed, built-in dresser and closet, ceiling fan, a chair for reading or relaxing, reading lamps and romantic indirect lighting. Did we mention the HUGE ocean view? This room is quite gorgeous.
* Master Bath: Tropical gone fabulous. Shower with two shower-heads, bench, and an ocean view! There’s also an unbelievable piece of granite that makes the walls of the shower look like you are inside a really refreshing volcano. Of course there are towels, soap, and a hair dryer.
* Second Bedroom: Comfortable Pillow-Top Queen-sized bed, closet with built in shelf for your luggage, reading lamp, ceiling fan, and a big ocean view.
* Second Bathroom: This bathroom is across the hall from the second bedroom, so it functions as the powder room as well. It has a tub/shower, with marble walls, a cool copper sink, and toilet all in a good-sized bathroom. Fluffy towels, hand/body soap, and a hair dryer make it all work well.
* Plus -- a bonus room shaded you can hang-out or work. There's a door leading to the back deck, for an extra-spacious feeling.
* Garage: This is where all the toys (bicycles, boogie boards, and kayaks) live. There are some stray swim fins, and masks/snorkels, though we can't guarantee we'll have your size. We also have a ping-pong table for family fun.
Other information about what we provide:
* Hand/Body soap, Dish soap, Dishwasher soap, Laundry soap, Toilet Paper
* Hair Dryers
* Ironing Board & Iron
* The home is built with top-quality materials and attention to every detail. It has stone decking, solid brass ship’s lighting fixtures, and plenty of ventilation-providing windows. The front door is big and beautiful -- 4 feet wide locally-milled eucalyptus with a stained-glass window panel depicting the fish found in the bay. On the inside there is the same brass ship’s lighting, local hardwoods for the cabinets and floors (jacaranda, silky oak), granite, copper, and a beachy white-washed ceiling with indirect and direct lighting. It is friendly, comfortable, and ultimately luxurious.
We regret that this house is not really suitable for children between the ages of 1 year and 12 years.
Also: To be in compliance with Hawaii State Law (Act 204 Session Laws Hawaii State Legislature, 2015) our Hawaii Tax I. D. No. is W51759221-01
|Address: 14-4909 Alapai Point Place|
|Zip/Postal Code: 96778|
|Latitude/Longitude: 19.4956423865193 / -154.81712910269778|
|Nearest airport||Hilo (ITO)||35 miles|
|Nearest Restaurant: No. 1||Kaleo's||8 miles|
|Small Super Market||Malama Market||8 miles|
|Supermarkets - National Brand||Safeway||35 miles|
Kapoho Beach Lots Gated community - safe and quiet!
|-||Nightly rate||Weekly rate||Monthly rate||Min. Stay||Change-over|
|Rate summary||€ 254.83||€ 1,698.85||€ 5,945.98||3 Nights||-|